If you want to get your braces off as soon as possible, here are 6 steps you should follow.
- The best tip is to follow your orthodontist’s treatment plan and instructions. Your orthodontist knows approximately how long it will take for your teeth to straighten out. In addition, your orthodontist has careful instructions that you should follow to get the best smile possible. If you have any questions, call your orthodontist’s office.
- Do not do things that could ruin how the braces work or take the brackets off. To avoid this, avoid eating hard types of foods. You might have to say no to corn on the cob or biting into an apple for a while. However, there are ways to still enjoy these foods without putting your braces at risk.
- Take a break from eating sugary and starchy foods while you have braces. These foods can cause cavities and several other teeth issues. Tooth decay and gum problems can hinder the effectiveness of your braces.
- If you play sports, it is especially important to protect your braces. Wearing mouth guards will help. Make sure to check whether your mouth guard fits over your braces well.
- Go to your dentist regularly. You should still have your teeth cleaned regularly, especially when you think a bracket is off. You can also avoid more severe dental problems with regular check-ups.
- Make sure to brush your teeth at least twice a day and do not go to bed without brushing. Doing so can destroy your teeth and create problems wherein your braces won’t be able to work correctly.
With just a little patience and forming good habits, you will be well on your way to getting your braces off in no time!